About Vigilance Division
A part time Chief Vigilance Officer heads the Vigilance Division of the Department and acts in all matters pertaining to vigilance. He also provides a link between the DEPwD and the Central Vigilance Commission on one hand and the Central Bureau of Investigation on the other. The vigilance functions of the CVO are of wide sweep and includes investigating or causing an investigation to be made into verifiable allegations reported to him, processing investigation reports for further consideration of the Disciplinary Authority concerned, referring the disciplinary matters to the CVC for advice wherever necessary, taking steps to prevent commission of improper practices/misconducts, etc. The functions of CVO are mainly divided into three parts, viz (i) Preventive vigilance, (ii) Punitive vigilance, and (iii) Surveillance and detection. The Vigilance Division also observes “Vigilance Awareness Week” for spreading awareness amongst the employees/citizens every year.
Items of work handled by Vigilance Section
- Disciplinary cases of officers borne on the CSS/ CSSS/ CSCS Cadres of the DEPwD and all attached offices under the aegis of this Department.
- Appeal/Review Cases of above Officers in which the President or any other authority is the appellate/reviewing authority.
- Court cases pertaining to disciplinary cases arising out of (1) and (2) above..
- Issuance of prosecution sanction order under Section 19 of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, in CBI cases with consultation with CVC, wherever necessary.
- Process the cases of appointment of Chief Vigilance Officers in the autonomous bodies and Vigilance Officers in the Subordinate Offices.
- Investigation of all complaints received from CVO and CBI.
- Investigation of complaints received from CVC and other sources against the officers posted in the Department and its attached subordinate offices.
- Forwarding of vigilance cases of attached/subordinate offices to the Central Vigilance Commission for 1st stage and 2nd stage advice on behalf of the Chief Vigilance Officer.
- Annual statements of immovable property and acquisition and disposal of movable/immovable property in respect of officers belonging to All India Services, other Central Group ‘A’ Services and Central Sectt. Services in the Department.
- Report on acquisition of moveable properties.
- Preventive Vigilance.
- Coordination of Vigilance work of all attached and subordinate offices.