|1.||UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (UNCRPD), 2006||View ( Format : PDF , Size : 3.2 MB, Language : English)|
- The Convention was adopted by UN General Assembly on December 13, 2006 and opened for signing by the State Parties on March 30, 2007. Adoption of the Convention has really imparted empowerment to Persons with Disabilities across the globe to demand their rights and make State, private and civil society agencies accountable for enjoying their rights.
- India is one of the few first countries which ratified the Convention. Consequent upon signing the Convention on March 30, 2007,India ratified the Convention on 01.10.2007.The Convention has come into force from May 3, 2008. The Convention places the following three important obligations on each State Party: –
- Implementation of the provisions of the Convention;
- Harmonization of the country laws with the Convention and
- Preparation of a Country Report.
Taking concrete measures for effective implementation of the Convention, all the concerned Central Ministries were requested to implement the provisions of the Convention as might be applicable to each of them. Similarly, all the Chief Ministers of States and Administrators of UTs were also requested to examine different provisions/obligations under the Convention as might relate to them and to take effective steps for their early implementation. The State Governments/UT Administrators were also asked to furnish a status report in this regard so that the same could be utilized towards preparing the Country Report. Rigorous monitoring and follow-up was being done in this regard so as to fulfill obligations of the Convention.
|1.||India’s First Country Report ( 593kb) was submitted to UN Committee on Rights of Persons in November, 2015.||View ( Format : PDF , Size : 593 kB, Language : English)|
|2.||Concluding observation of UN Commitee on First Country Report of India||View ( Format : PDF , Size : 593 kB, Language : English)|
|3.||Incheon Strategy||View ( Format : PDF , Size : 890 kB, Language : English)|
Incheon Strategy “To make the Right Real” for Persons with Disabilities in Asia and Pacific. The Ministers and representative of members and associate members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) assembled at the High Level Inter Governmental meeting on the final review of the implementation of the Asian and Pacific Decade of Disabled Persons, 2003-2012 held at Incheon, Korea from 29th October – 2 nd November, 2012 and adopted the Incheon Strategy “Make the Right Real” for Persons with Disabilities in Asia and the Pacific. The ESCAP in its 69th Session held from 25th April – 1stMay, 2013 passed the resolution endorsing the Ministerial declaration and Incheon Strategy.
|1.||Beijing Declaration||View ( Format : PDF , Size : 890 kB, Language : English)|
Thehigh-level inter-Governmental meeting on mid-point review of the Asia and Pacific Decade for Persons with Disabilities (2013-2022) in Beijing was held from 27th November to 1st December, 2017. After deliberations in the meeting, Beijing Declaration was adopted which outlines action plan for the State parties to achieve the targets of Incheon Strategy in the next five years.