Project on Financial Support to Braille Presses” under SIPDA
A. Project Brief
- The Project was earlier launched as Central Sector Scheme of “Support for Establishment/Modernization/Capacity Augmentation of Braille Presses”in 2014-15. The Scheme was renamed as “Project on Financial Support to Braille Presses” from April 2022.
- NIEPVD, Dehradun was entrusted the responsibility to implement & maintenance the scheme as nodal agency.
- The implementing agencies are govt. organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- To provide financial support as Recurring Grant for printing and supply of school text books and other course materials to students with visual impairment up-to class XII
- To provide financial support as Non-Recurring Grant for setting up ‘new Braille Presses’ in States and ‘Small Scale Braille Presses’ in States/UTs where Braille presses do not exist
- The recurring GIA was revised from April 2022 from Rs. 2.00/- to Rs. 2.50/- per page.
- The focus of the existing scheme is to mainly release recurring grants to approved and functional Braille Presses for printing of text books and other course materials for visually impaired school going children of class I to XII. However, as per need, financial support may also be extended as non-recurring grant for setting up of new Braille presses in States and small scale Braille Presses in UTs where such press is not available and there is a need for setting up of Braille Presses to achieve the objective of the scheme.
- Provision for separate monitoring fund to be available with the Nodal Agency for random visit to at least 20% of Braille Presses annually.
- Research study to be conducted in 2023-24 to develop performance index for Braille Presses by Nodal Agency.
C. Nodal Agency
National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Dehradun would be the Nodal Agency for implementation of the Scheme and would be responsible for scrutinizing the proposal, obtaining reports from Braille Presses, evaluating their performance and preparing agenda for consideration of proposals by the Competent Authority/Body. Some of the works undertaken by the nodal agency are as under:
- Issue advertisement & notify through website of the Nodal Agency inviting proposals.
- Receive the applications from the organizations for Establishment of New Braille Presses/Capacity Augmentation/Modernization of existing Braille presses in States and Small Unit Braille Presses in UTs project along with the financial implication for the project
- Conduct inspection of the project applied for, the Competent Authority of the Nodal agency will constitute the inspection team. The inspection team will conduct the inspection of the organization
- Scrutinizing and submitting the Inspection report and submit to DEPwD for perusal and information.
- Scrutinizing the applications and submit the same for consideration of Screening Committee.
- The Nodal Agency will constitute an inspection committee to visit the Grantee organisation after receiving the proposal. Similarly, an inspection committee team will be constituted by the Nodal Agency for post installation inspection as well.
- The inspection committee will submit the Inspection report to the Director NIEPVD and the Nodal Agency will forward the same along with the required documents such as bills/ vouchers of payment, Audited statement, bank statement, function of Braille press, order of printing Braille books, proof of dispatched etc.to DEPwD for consideration and necessary action.
- Receive the requisition from Implementing/ grantee organisation for 2nd instalment of Non-Recurring GIA (remaining 50%).
- Requisition of 2nd instalment of Non-Recurring GIA will be placed before the screening committee for approval. After the assessment of the need for 2nd instalment
- Thereafter, the DEPwD will release the 2nd instalment in favour of NIEPVD, Dehradun as per the approval of the Screening Committee who would intern transfer the same to the Grantee organisation.
- Obtain the Monthly Progress Report from the implementing/ grantee organizations and maintain its record.
- Place the progress report before the screening committee for payment of recurring GIA to the implementing agencies.
- Prepare and submit the performance-cum-achievement report to DEPwD on the basis of the monthly progress report.
- The Nodal Agency should organise periodical training programmes/workshop for all machine operating staff, record keeper, accountants, and assistants in the implementing agencies to ensure the adoption of all rules as per GFR and to maintain transparency in the activities of the project.
D.Details of Grant-in-aid released to implementing agencies through Nodal Agency i.e. NIEPVD, Dehradun during the last five years.
|Year||Actual Expenditure (Rs. In crore)|
List of Braille Presses “Project on Financial Support to Braille Presses”
Establishment of New Braille Presses:
|Sr. No.||Name and Designation of the Contact Person||Address of the Braille Presses||Phone No. &Email Id||Remark|
|E-1.||Shri Manjeet Singh Saini, Asstt. Prof. (Special Education) cum Officer Incharge||COMPOSITE REGIONAL CENTRE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (CRC), NIEPVD,(Himachal Pradesh)
Add: Near Mahamaya Temple, Sundernagar, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh- 175018
Mob: 9418069638, 9816269638
|Now merged with Central Braille Press, Dehradun|
|E-2.||Y. Hanumantha Reddy,
Shri M.A Kumar Raja
|ANDHRA PRADESH DIFFERENTLY ABLED AND SENIOR CITIZENS ASSISTANCE CORPORATION – APDASCAC
Add: APDASCAC, Kavyasri Residency, Flat No. 501 to 503, 5th Floor, ES Reddy Nagar, Agatavarappadu, M. G. Inner Ring Road, Guntur – Andhra Pradesh 522509.
Ph: 9966003308, 9177950578 (updated)
Ms. Harika, PH: 9951789738 (updated)
|E-3.||Mr. Ashok Tiwari Assistant Director||SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT BRAILLE PRESS,
DIRECTORATE OF SOCIAL WELFARE, RAIPUR
Add: Mahanadi Khand,
D.K.S Bhawan, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
|Merged with Govt. Braille Press, Bilaspur|
|E-4.||Smt. DibyajyotiDeori, I/c Principal||JORHAT GOVT. BLIND INSTITUTION, GOVT. OF ASSAM, DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE, JORHAT, ASSAM
Add: M.G. Road, Na-ali Jorhat-1, Near Lions Eye Hospital, P.O & District- Jorhat, Pin-785001, Assam
Tel: 0376-2321733 (new)
Mob: 9100069719 (updated)
All Non-Recurring GIA sent to NIEPID, Secunderabad.
|All Non-Recurring Amount refunded to DEPwD through CNA, Secundrabad|
|E-5.||Mr. Salgira R. Marak, Director
In-charge Braille Press
|PRINTING AND STATIONARY DEPARTMENT,
Add: Govt. of Meghalaya, Secretariat Hill, Shillong-793001, Meghalaya
Ph: 364-2223809 (Not in use)
Mob: 985649979 (Not in use)
2.Ms. ShaliniJha, Project Manager
Braille Press Manager
Add: ViklangVikasSansthan, Agarwal Bhawan,
1st Floor, Jawahar Lal Road, Muzaffarpur, Bihar-842001
Add: Shubham Braille Press
Fardo Gola, Rewa Road,
Near BhamaSahDwar, Muzaffarpur,
|E-7.||R.P. Mishra, Registrar||JAGADGURU RAMBHADRACHARYA HANDICAPPED UNIVERSITY
Add: Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh-210204
Tel: 05198-224481, 224263,
Mob: 9450916649, 8004915474
H.C.Mishra, Assistant: 09452871896
|E-8.||Mr. Amit singh, Registrar
Mr. A.K Singh
|DR. SHAKUNTALA MISRA NATIONAL REHABILITATION UNIVERSITY,
Add: Mohan Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, 226017
|Akhilendrakumar136@gmail.com, (email fail)
|E-9.||Mr. LaljibhaiPrajapati,General Secretary
Mr. Deepak Prasasd, Chief Coordinator
|SHRI NAVCHETAN ANDHJAN MANDAL
Add: ViklangVidyaMandir, Opp. Kachchh Dairy,
Madhapur, Taluka- Bhuj, Dist- Kachchh, Gujarat-370020
Saikat Kr. Kar, Secretary
BLIND PERSONS’ ASSOCIATION, KOLKATA, West Bengal
Add: 6B, Panchanantala Road, 2nd Floor, Kolkata – 700029
Tel: 033 24377206
Sh. Amiyo Biswas
Dr. Anil P. Dhawale, Nodal Officer
Manager NAWPH Braille Press
Mob: 9975311853, 9370182889
THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR WELFARE OF PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (NAWPH),
Add: Near SGB Amravati University, Mardi Road, Camp, Amravati, (Maharashtra)-444602
For Braille Press: firstname.lastname@example.org (new)
Mob: 09370182889, 9975311853
Mob: 9975311853, 9370182889,
Ms.CarolineHmingthanzuali, Officer on Special Duty
Social Welfare & Tribal Affairs,
Govt. of Mizoram
SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT, AIZWAL,
Add: Laipuitlang, Aizawl, Mizoram, 796012
Mr. Abinash Rai,
Mrs GayatriThapa (Spl Edu, VI)
Govt. Braille Press,
Social Justice & Empowerment,
Department Lumsey Road, Lower Tadong, East Sikkim 737102
Tel Fax: 03592-232596
|Sr. No.||Name and Designation of the Contact Person||Address of the Braille Presses||Email Id|
|M-1.||Mrs. NeetuSahni, In-charge Braille Press||
CENTRAL BRAILLE PRESS, NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR THE EMPOWERMENT OF PERSONS WITH VISUAL DISABILITIES (DIVYANGJAN)
Add: 116, Rajpur Road, Dehradun-248001
Mr. Shubhash – 8057219783
Mr. J N bhargava,
Mr. K.L. Sharma
Mr. Anwar Hashmi
RAJASTHAN NETRAHEEN KALYAN SANGH
Add: 3780, LangarKeBalajiKa Rasta, Gangauri Bazar, Jaipur-302001
Mr. Arup Chatterjee, Manager
RAMAKRISHNA MISSION REGIONAL BRAILLE PRESS, West Bengal
Add: Ramakrishna Mission Blind Boys’ Academy, , P.O. Narendrapur, Kolkata-700103, West Bengal
Mob: 9433138585, 9433062518
Ms. MadhuSinghal, Managing Trustee
Add: CA Site No. P22, 31st Main,18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout, Behind National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bangalore-560102
Mr. R. K. Pathak,
SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT BRAILLE PRESS,
Add: Near Blind School, Police Line Road, Tifra, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh-
|M-6.||Mr. P Ramesh, Manager||
TELANGANA VIKLANGULA COOPERATIVE COOPERATION
Add: ViklangulaSamkshemaBhavan, 1st Floor, Nalgonda X roads, Malakpet, Hyderabad-500036
DEPT. OF SOCIAL SECURITY, WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT, PUNJAB GOVERNMENT
Add: SCO, 102-103 Sector 34-A, Chandigarh, Punjab
Mob: 09815611937,7508876466 (Amandeep ji)
Sh. Arun Joshi,
Braille Press Incharge
SOCIAL JUSTICE & EMPOWERMENT, GOVT. BRAILLE PRESS, BHOPAL
Add: Gas RahatAdalat no. 7, Near Waheedia School FatehGarh, Bhopal, M.P.- 462001
Mob: 9893542347, 8982142365
Mob: 9993158125 (Deepak Chorse)
Mob: 8982142365 (Javed Iqbal)
2.Mr. Bharat Joshi
Project & Resource Mobilization
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND AHMEDABAD
Add: 132 FT Ring Road, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad Gujarat – 380015, Gujarat
Braille Press NAB Gujrat:
|M-10.||Mr. VimalDengla, Secretary||
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND MUMBAI
Add: 11 Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan Road, WorliSeaface, Mumbai- 400030, Maharashtra
Sh. Abdul Hakeem K M
Dr. Habeeb. C
KERALA FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
Add: Law College Jn., Vanchiyoor PO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695035, Kerala
Mob: 8547326805, 9447151421, 9947137940
|M-12.||Mr. P.N. Rath, Manager||
RED CROSS SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND
Add: City Hospital Road, Behrampur, GanjamDistt. Berhampur, Odisha, Pin-760001
|Sr. No.||Name and Designation of the Contact Person||Address of the Braille Presses||Email id|
|CA-1.||1.Mr. G. Saravana, Coordinator
2. Dr. Sri Priya (9443750079)
|REGIONAL BRAILLE PRESS, NIEPVD REGIONAL CENTRE, CHENNAI,
Add: 522, Trunk Road, Poonamallee, Chennai-600056, Tamil Nadu
|CA-2.||Mr. R.C.S Panwar, I/C Braille Press||
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND, BAHADURGARH
Add: Bahadurgarh, Atamshudi Ashram, Bahadurgarh, Haryana, 124570
Mob: 9215055912, 8168605959 (verified)
Sh. J L Kaul,
ALL INDIA CONFEDERATION OF THE BLIND,
Add: Braille Bhawan, Behind Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Sector-5, Rohini, Delhi, 110085
Tel: – 011-27054082